Ambioterra is a nonprofit, charitable organization governed by an elected board whose purpose is to promote the conservation and protection of natural habitats and endangered species. Its activities are funded by various levels of government, by foundations, and by its members.
- To create and manage protected areas in natural settings, both on land and in the watersheds of southwestern Quebec, and to encourage voluntary conservation from homeowners by making agreements with our organization to ensure the protection of our natural heritage.
- To restore habitat for species at risk by taking inventories and by noting the environmental character of their habitats. Also by educating and informing the public and owners of environmentally sensitive areas about the environmental issues related to the protection of habitats and recovery of species at risk through public meetings, conferences, recommendations, and follow up with stewardship programs.
- Biodiversity (protection and conservation) – Protection of biodiversity
- Water (responsible water management) – Hydrological Resource
- Agriculture (sustainable and equitable agriculture)
- Health (Environmental Health)
To achieve its mission and objectives, Ambioterra …
Starts and supports projects that protect biodiversity and species in danger
Organizes awareness activities on environmental issues
Conducts participatory action research projects